Our Attorney Profile
Don A Fendon
Attorney at Law
Don’s ext. 107
Attorney Profile Section:
- Graduated from University of California at Berkley in 1965.
- Graduated from Cumberland School of Law of Samford University in Birmingham, Alabama on June 1, 1968. He was on the Cumberland Law Review while at that school.
- Passed the Florida Bar Exam in March 1969.
- Passed the Arizona State Bar Exam in 1970.
- Had two years of work at the Maricopa County Attorney’s office in 1971 and 1972.
- Worked at the Arizona Compensation Fund from 1972 to 1978 defending workers compensation claims.
- At the end of his time at the State Compensation Fund, he was one of the first 16 lawyers sited as being certified as a workers compensation specialist by the State Bar of Arizona in August, 1979.
- After he left the State Fund, he practiced with three different law firms in Phoenix as a partner in those law firms. In these firms, Don did both defense and plaintiff work performing workers compensation law.
- On May 1, 1992, I became a sole practitioner as Don A. Fendon, PLC again handling only workers compensation cases as both a plaintiff and defense attorney until January 1, 2000.
- From January 1, 2009 until December 31, 2017, Don was the Senior Partner in the Fendon Law Group, which was made up of Don, his son, Mathew and daughter, Donna.
- From January 1, 2018 forward, Don has entered private practice again as Don A. Fendon, PLC.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS:
- On January 1, 1990 forward for 26 years, Don has received an AV Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, a national peer rating system for all lawyers in the United States. This is the highest rating that can be awarded to lawyers in the United States. It is a peer rating system and it carries with it the function of being recognized as a preeminent attorney. Don has carried that rating forward to present.
- In 2012, Don was given a perfect 10 rating by AVVO. Again in 2017, he was named Top-Rated Lawyer with a perfect 10 rating.
- Since 2015, Don has been recognized by the Worldwide Registry of Professionals, Executives and Entrepreneurs in the field of law. Don has a lifetime distinction.
- Don has been recognized by the Worldwide registry as a Certified Specialist and Expert Resource in Arizona workers compensation law and hence been qualified for inclusion in the Top Experts and Professional Book Service.
- Don has practiced in workers compensation law for 46 years in Arizona and is well known in that field throughout the Arizona Bar. Some of his associates in workers compensation law in Arizona call him the “Godfather of workers compensation law”.
- Don was a member of the first group of attorneys specializing in workers compensation law that were recognized as such by the Arizona State Bar Association.
- One of the 16 founding members of the Cumberland School of Law during 1967 and was recognized as such on March 24, 1991.
|Arizona Attorney||Attorney of the Month||2013|
|American Institute of Legal Counsel||10 Best Attorneys||2018|
Specializing in Worker’s Compensation and Social Security
Specializing in Personal injury
Comments are closed.